So much goodness in such a little seed!
Yes it sounds like one of those "superfoods" that become fashionable and then disappear, however we just think these little seeds do really pack a nutritional punch and will be here to stay. Take a look at just some of the benefits of adding these to your daily diet:
- Just 2tbs of Chia seeds contains 10g of healthy fibre
- A good source of Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, iron, calcium, zinc and magnesium
- Excellent antioxidant
- Anti-inflammatory properties that help support a healthy thyroid, adrenal and reproductive system
- Chia seeds may promote weight loss as they help you feel fuller for longer
- Very quick and convenient to use
- Excellent for enhancing vigour and strength
Try adding just 2 tbs of chia seeds to your yogurt, smoothies, or juices and after a few minutes the seeds will take on a gel like appearance and increase in size, thus helping you to feel fuller for longer. Alternatively try using chia seeds as an alternative coating to breadcrumbs for homemade fish or chicken fingers.
(Caution: Don't eat the seeds dry on their own as they will bulk up and may cause chocking)